[前][次][番号順一覧][スレッド一覧]

ruby:1493

From: (SugHimsi==SUGIHARA Hiroshi) <maili31s@c...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:25:45 +0900
Subject: [ruby:1493] 英訳 (Re: Ruby 1.8.6 preview 3 公開)

すぎむし%前半たたいてみました…

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:10 JST, "M.Suzuki" wrote:

: > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-dev/30005
: >
: > の「ご参考までに、先の変更の背景は次の通りです。」以下の部分を
: > 英訳してみませんか?

: 鈴木と申します。
: なんだかちゃんと伝わるのか心許ないのですが、たたき台に。

- No module related with message digest used the ext/digest
  interface, at least which was found in RAA and Rubyforge;
  ext/digest failed to share the implementation with
  OpenSSL::Digest, while their interfaces were alike;
  in other word, conventional implementation side API had
  problems in reusability.

  So keeping its userside interface up, we widely changed
  its implementation side API, i.e., C API is improved,
  and Ruby API is added.

- We opened the constructor to the subclass in order to
  handle the algorithms with parameters.  Now therefore,
  the subclass of Digest(::Class) can be OpenSSL::Digest,
  which specifies the algorithm name, or SHA2 and alike,
  which specifies the bit length.  On the other hand,
  the module compatibility is partly lost.

We wanted to keep backward compatibility, but our attension
took much on the forward (1.9 or later), since the usage
that give "new" to the parameter seems minor, and can easily
be detected and rewrited.

--
SugHimsi == SUGIHARA Hiroshi
maili31s at CLIO-Net